Friday, September 3, 2010

Lost in a Dance

Tonight we went to a traditional Uruguayan show. It was a conglomeration of soloists, guitarists, Tango dancers, drummers, and other entertainers. The performance was a great expression of Uruguayan culture and tradition. It made me ponder some thoughts. My mind submerged and became lost in the dance. Each step and twirl of the elegant Tango dancers reflected the recent turns in my life. How the dancers gazed into each others eyes, lost in their performance yet full aware made me realize that I want to be the same way, fully lost in this dance of life with the One as my Lead. To get lost in the current dance is to be immersed into this new culture. I have been trying to tread water and keep my head above it, but I want to dive down; I want to dive into the place I am in, in the excitements, friendships, traditions, sites, foods, arts, language, and everything else of this place. I hear that to lose oneself in a new country is to find oneself. I hope that I can lose myself in this dance with Him and in turn find myself in Him all the more.

No comments:

Post a Comment