Wednesday, September 22, 2010

FUTBOL ENTHUSIASM!!!

A group of us went out to a Futbol (soccer) game tonight! I was so amazed at the crowd! Never have I witnessed such enthusiasm for anything! The sea of people swam in their team's colors. Banners were flying. Flags were waving. Flares were flashing. Fireworks were shooting. Confetti was streaming. It was one big celebration before the team even entered the field! During the entire game, the drums were beating, and the fans singing their team songs. Never, have I seen such excitement for something! It was exciting and thrilling when the team scored a goal or when the situation got tense people were hollering and whistling. Finally when the game was won, more celebration was unleashed. The chorus of songs and beating drums continued through the streets and even in the buses. Never, in my entire life, have I seen with my own eyes something that people got so excited about. It makes me think though, if only we Christians had that excited about our faith, our Lord, and His love. My, how the world would change. Imagine if such happiness can be brought through the winning of a futbol game, how much more so would there be of JOY in the winning and saving of souls for the kingdom of God?!

No comments:

Post a Comment