Monday, September 6, 2010

Church: Different in the Same

Sunday morning I attended a Spanish, Pentecostal church. Certain phrases in the worship touched my heart in their Spanish form far more than the English form. It is amazing how certain things are so much deeper and intimate in the Spanish language than in my own native tongue. "Crea en mi un corazon de sincero" or "Create in me a sincere heart" went beyond the song in my voice, down through the air it required in my lungs, and into the life giving blood in my heart. The beauty of it's meaning and melody flamed my Spirit alive more so than almost any phrase of worship in English. It was amazing. God spoke to me this Sunday in many ways. Though I could barely understand the language the sermon was in, I could feel the same Spirit, I could worship the same Lord, I could read the same message, and I could experience the same Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment