Wednesday, September 1, 2010

From the Eye's View

I was reflecting on the outings I have had thus far in the city. At a glance one may not notice it, but once I looked more closely, I saw it so blatantly on the surface with my eyes. The colors here! The faces here! There are no vivid colors. Blacks, grays, and dark colors flood the region. Bright colors such as orange, pink, yellow, and teal are only on the backs of my own, my own fellow Americans. The colors here are almost dreary. They do not demand attention, but politely request to not be pulled into the spotlight. The faces here make the same request. I have yet to see a female coated with makeup as I see daily at ACU. There is no bold declaration painted onto the faces of femininity. The women here do not proclaim a fake beauty, but rather they allow their natural beauty to quietly shine, not having to peer through a mask of make up. It is quiet evident, quiet plain to see now. From the eye's view, there is no loud demand for attention, but rather one must dig beyond the surface to see the vibrancy of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment