Thursday, October 7, 2010

Wisdom of Children

This week I went to observe a classroom at a bilingual school here in Montevideo.  I was placed in a classroom filled with 7 and 8 year olds for two hours.  All of the children were so adorable!! They were so excited to ask me questions ranging from how old I was to if I knew anyone famous in the Unites States.  At the end of my observation, several little girls gave me stickers and drawings and notes. One even offered me her favorite snack. It was so precious to see the love and giving nature of these priceless little souls.  To be a like child again; to be carefree; to run around playing pretend; to give without strings; to trust without doubt. Many things can be learned from these children; we simply have to be willing to become like a child again.

1 comment: