Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Broken and Brought Back

The LORD Almighty says: "I will break... I will bring back... I will bring back... I will break." The repetition of these words in Jeremiah 28:2-4 makes me ponder the experiences I have had in life. When I have been broken in my life, I have been more easily brought back and wrapped up in the arms of my Heavenly Father, the LORD Almighty. He makes a promise: He breaks then brings back. When my eyes have lost focus because of a relationship; He broke it, then brought me back to focussing on Him. When I have put my thoughts above and limited His creativitiy and power; He broke it and brought me back to humility before His throne. When my path became too comfortable and secure in friendships; He broke it to bring me back to Him. This trip has been a remarkable time of breaking: breaking comfort, security, expectations,  and control, and a time of Him bringing me back, deeper into His love, peace, and joy. Praise be to the LORD Almighty for His breaking and bringing back!!

No comments:

Post a Comment