Sunday, October 24, 2010

October 20, 2010: Just Keep Walking

The day consisted of walking, and walking, and more walking! We walked along the streets of the average Brazilian's living place: cobble stones, tiled drive ways, and flower pinned tree trunks. Our final destination for walking was the Buddhist Temple. It had many interesting statues and beautiful greenery, but what I most liked about it, was the shade it provided from walking to far and long in the midday heat.  There was something very distant about the Temple.  It was cold and silent; dead; not life giving.  I am so glad that I serve the God of the universe and not a statue and remembrance of a person!  Our legs, though tired, were still alive, so we walked some more! My professor and I actually ran up part of an intensely steep, cobblestone paved hill.  By the end of the day, my legs could not take anymore! We figured that the whole day, we walked over nine miles! It was a good day's work! Good to use this body, which God has blessed me with.

No comments:

Post a Comment