Thursday, August 19, 2010

Anticipation

A week and only a week stands between me and the meeting of my new home for the next semester.  I cannot believe it is this close in view! The anticipation is pulsing stronger than ever as the clock has retarded into slow motion.  Each day trickling on feels like it could have be weeks.  My destination is so close within reach, yet there is still a boundary to be breeched.

Everything I have for the next four months of my life has been packed into two suitcases.  Life is going to be very simplified as opposed to the materialistic life I have been living in America.  I am looking forward to this simplification.  In one week I will be rid of my electronic leash that has been bound to my side every moment of every day.  I am looking forward to this simplicity of communication.  No longer will I have a pressing need to talk with someone outside of the room.  I will be able to enjoy my current surroundings to the fullest.  I will be giving the actual faces of souls my full attention rather than a split effort shared with a screened, beeping contraption.  Both the need and desire to be glamorous will fade along with the plastic faces I see daily in our culture.  I am looking forward to the shifting gaze of focus.  Life as I know it is changing.  It floods my body with excitement yet soothes my bones with the hope of refreshment.

No comments:

Post a Comment