Thursday, November 18, 2010

My Own Bed!

The past four nights, since being back in Montevideo, I have never appreciated my own bed and living space so much!  While we were in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, we were staying at a hostel.  The room was tiny, had two triple level bunk beds with barely enough room for two people to squeeze by each other in the aisle space between the two bunks.  Six people in one itty-bity room made me appreciate how "large" the room is that I am sharing with only one person.  I also am appreciating having my own bed in which there is no person below to make my bed move every time he or she would turn over.  Having my own laptop and my own desk is fantastic in comparison to the community computers that lose internet signal ever 20 minutes and that are occupied 90% of the time.  It is also extremely comfortable to have my clothes in the easy access of a wardrobe as opposed to in a backpack that is crammed in a locker with multiple other bags thrown on top of it.  So many times I have taken for granted all of these things!  It was good to do without these luxuries because now I appreciate all the more than ever before!  So many things are a blessing for the Lord, but little have I realized it until I had to do without for a time. I thank Him that I am so blessed as to only have to do without for a short time, there are many less fortunate.  A time to give thanks in perfect timing for the theme of the season and holiday a week away, Thanksgiving.  I am giving thanks early this year, and hope to continue giving thanks to God as a pattern of life. THANK YOU JESUS!

No comments:

Post a Comment