Thursday, November 4, 2010

Joy in the Little Things

Today was not that eventful, but it was extremely filled with joy! The first joy was completing a test in Spanish class! Whew, what a relief! No more studying today! As a matter of fact, today is like Friday! No more school for the week; or for the next week as far as that goes! [Ok, maybe that's more than just a little thing to be a joy filler, but still]. Later, as I was waiting for a job interview on skype, I noticed that my mom was on skype too! Hey Mom! Let's catch up before I leave to Rio de Janiero for the next 10 days! I was left with another little flower in my heart. The next piece of joy came from the beach with my best friend! What a better place right?! Look at the way the clouds are colored and patterned to match the waves of the ocean. Gosh, why don't we come here more often! The endorphins after running for miles and walking for miles more sure are a wonderful addition to joy, maybe happiness, but good feelings in the same. Since my best friend were in dire need of cleaning up after such exertion, what a better idea than to have a jam out party in the bathroom?! Plus, that way singing in the shower isn't just allowed, but it's encouraged! La la la la!!!!!! The little flower in my heart came with skyping my dad! Well hey Dad! Not only did I get to talk to Mom today, but now I get to talk to you too!! A whole prairie of flowers in my heart! And that's not all! Next came the packing while jamming out in my room. Crazy hair do's when no one is around, jumping around since no one is in the room, dancing like a fool, sounds like fun to me! Of course with the excitement of packing to leave tomorrow, that is always another little pocket full of sunshine! So many little things can add up to a great joy if we just open our eyes and look around for them. Praise Jesus for His gift of joy, His little flowers in our hearts and sun shining down on our faces.

No comments:

Post a Comment